Ronnie, born in Chattanooga, Tennessee, has been married to Delores Currey for 38 years, and recently moved to Spring Hill from Atlanta, GA. Ronnie has a B.S degree in Music Education from the University of Tennessee and holds a Colorado Music Education K-12 teaching license.
He has taught private lessons on piano, guitar, bass guitar and voice for over 30 years in Chattanooga, Atlanta, and Denver, where he also taught music and guitar in Denver High Schools from 2000-2011. Ronnie continues to teach his Denver, Chattanooga, and Georgia students on Skype.
All parents and students get a password protected website at ronniecurrey.com, where they can
- view lesson notes
- cancel or schedule a makeup lesson
- email reminders
- download music mpegs
- make payments.
Music lessons take place in his home studio. Parents are welcome to sit in. The teacher's studio lessons typically take place on Mondays - Fridays 12pm - 7 pm. and openings may appear on the calendar after you log into the website. You will receive your login instructions after completing the online application.
Guitar Techniques taught include
- Lead guitar
- Rhythm guitar
- Vocal Accompaniment
- Jamming Skills
- Reading Music
- Music Theory
- Scales and Exercises
- Song Writing
- Guidance In Equipment Selection.
The Free Introductory Guitar Lesson with Ronnie includes
- Discussing the music the student likes
- Their music experience and what they want to accomplish.
- Ronnie also checks their instrument and starts the guitar students playing their first song, which is usually "Sweet home Alabama".
A guitar lesson with Ronnie might entail the following:
- After asking the students if they have any questions from the last lesson, they play their lesson.
- We start working on a new piece, and Ronnie discusses the style and history of the piece.
- The last few minutes are sometimes taken by letting the students play on the bass guitar, which they enjoy and helps them learn the notes on the guitar's 3rd-6th strings.
The qualities Ronnie looks for in an ideal guitar student is a student that has a passion for music and enjoys playing as well as coming to his lessons.